“Improving food & Health” - the fundamental goal that drives Denmark based Chr. Hansen…. They are a global supplier of bioscience based ingredients to the food, health and animal feed industries. With leading positions in the markets in which they operate, Chr. Hansen are a producer of cultures and dairy enzymes, probiotics and natural colours. The foundations of this success are product innovation and application, production processes, long-term customer relationships and intellectual property.
Unknown but everywhere…
Chr. Hansen is a very special kind of company. Virtually unknown outside their specialised field, yet several hundred million people around the world enjoy their products every day in the foods they eat.
In fact, there’s a good chance that you already had a bite of Chr. Hansen this morning. Perhaps you enjoyed deliciously creamy yoghurt, mouth-watering Italian style salami or a cheese with a distinct bite? Inevitably you are likely to have already enjoyed the benefits of Chr. Hansen’s technology and products without even knowing it!
The knowledge of bioscience and its applications within cultures and enzymes is the core competency and serves as the technical foundation for Chr. Hansen products. This knowledge platform has enabled the development of innovative products and applications and efficient solutions to address customer needs. As a company they operate through three divisions (Culture & Enzymes, Health & Nutrition and Natural Colours), which operate globally and maintain synergies through the use of a common technology and salesplatform.
Cultures & Enzymes Division
- Developer & Producer of cultures, enzymes and probiotics for the dairy industry in particular
- … and for the food industry in general – e.g. for wine and meat
- Ingredients which determine taste, appearance, nutritional value and health benefits
- A global market leader in dairy ingredients
- Actually… every other cheese in the world contains Chr. Hansen enzymes
Health & Nutrition Division
- Developer & Producer of products for dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, infant formula and animal feed
- A key offering is probiotic cultures with documented effect
- For humans
- For animals
- Belief in strong research and documentation through clinical study program trials
Natural Colours Division
- Developer & Producer of natural colours for the food industry
- Focus on natural colours in:
- Ice cream
- Dairy and fruit preparations
- Chr. Hansen colours originate from natural sources like berries, roots and seeds
- Global frontrunners in encapsulation and stabilization techniques